One of the most difficult section to vacuum in your house will be your kitchen this is because it has to tackle spills, to cook and other mishaps. Your kitchen has to take a toll as it battles with cooking oils, sticky foods apart from the regular dust and dirt. And when the food which you eat has to be prepared in the same kitchen you cannot take any chances with its hygiene. That’s why today we are going to tell you the simplest way to keep the kitchen clean.
Why is it tough to vacuum kitchen?
Is it so tough to vacuum your kitchen that you need to go through a particular descriptive article? The answer may surprise you, vacuuming is not tough but performing it efficiently is a tedious task. What makes it more challenging is the tight space, hard to reach corners, no of shelves and the dirt loved floor of the kitchen. Above all the when something sticky spills on the floor it attracts even more dirt. So, to overcome all these challenges, you need to have a well-oiled plan.
How and when to proceed?
Vacuums are not only designed to clean floors and carpets. If you know how to use your vacuum correctly, then your entire kitchen can be cleaned in minutes. You must clean your kitchen floor once or twice a week as they get dirty quickly. Shelves, drawers and fridges kitchen once a month as they are mostly closed and remain cleaner for much longer.
To efficiently vacuum your kitchen, you need to follow the below-mentioned points.
- Selecting a proper vacuum: There is a special tool for every job, and it is true. While choosing a vacuum for your house consider your size of your kitchen. Then accordingly select a model with that serves your needs the best with its multiple attachments. If you like a cordless vacuum, it will be ideal for those top shelves where you cannot use the regular ones.
- For Stovetop: Stove-tops gets dirty mostly because of the flour clouds and burnt crumbs. If you clean them with the paper towel chances are they may fall into a burner or go into the crevices and cause trouble. Just run the brush attachment over them, and you will have a cleaner stove.
- Scrub the floor beforehand: If you vacuum the kitchen floor without scrubbing and then mop the floor, you will be surprised to find the floor dirty again. Well, this is because the dirt gets settled on to various fluids that have spilled and gets stuck. As a result, your vacuum is unable to pick them up. But if you scrub it then you won’t have dirty floor after mopping.
- Empty the Cabinets completely: When you want to clean those cabinets make sure that it is empty. Then start to vacuum it using the special attachment that comes with your vacuum cleaner.
- Special attention for refrigerator: You need to clean your fridge from inside as well as outside. First of all, remove everything from refrigerator and freezer, now wash the drawers and shelves and vacuum them. Use the brush tool clean off the coil and crevice tool to clean under the fridge; this will keep it running efficiently.
- Ceiling and walls: You can notice a film and gunk on the walls and ceilings of the kitchen because of smoke, fumes, moisture, and oil that come while cooking meals. Use the wall and ceiling brush to take care of these hard to reach spots.
- Stop using sponge: Stop using sponge or towel to clean up the drawers as you won’t be able to collect everything with them. Instead, use a vacuum with the small brush attachment, and the drawer would be cleaned in seconds.
You need to have a decent vacuum that can help to keep your kitchen clean. Remember, avoid using the vacuum on the wet surface as it may cause blockage and damage to your vacuum. Before using the vacuum check the canisters or bags, do not use if they are already full. You can find some of the best handheld vacuums for your kitchen here.